Welcome to CANEGROWERS' careers section. Become part of Australia’s dynamic sugarcane industry.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST HERE
Click here to download a form which you can fill out and email back to register your interest
Click here to send us an email of your job classified which we will post below
Click on this link to find map of sugarcane growing areas and a listing our local offices servicing each of those areas.
- Posted 24 Feb 2017 - Experienced cane harvester operator; 7700 full track; 2017 crushing season. Upper Pioneer Valley area; must have mechanical knowledge and hill experience. 30,000t plus. Apply in writing: PO Box 31 FINCH HATTON QLD 4756. More information: 0419260879
- Posted 24 Feb 2017 - A Northern NSW Harvesting Co-Op is seeking a Manager/Harvester driver for the 2017 season and into the future. Mechanical experience is essential. Ph Jim 0416086227 or Ben 0402421565
- Posted Feb 2017 - Sugarcane harvester and bin driver required for Condong Mill area. Machinery, maintenance and management skills required. Position for 2017 season and beyond, with prospect of full-time Harvester Operator position. Ph Bernard 0428298618.
- Posted Feb 2017 - Harvester Operator / Manager Wanted. Childers/Isis area. Cutting 70-80K tonnes. Experience with harvester operation / management and mechanical skills required. Attractive rates for the right person. Email resume with referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23 Feb 2017.
- Posted Feb 2017 - Maintenance Manager required. Must be able to maintain machinery, water winches, pumps and implements on a large Cane farm 40km north of Bundaberg. Permanent employment after a trial period. Send resume to email@example.com or Ph.0427769086.
- Posted 19 Dec 2016 - Mt OSSA - Looking for a permanent employee to assist with daily operations on our cane farm near Mt Ossa. Person must be obliging and well attended, capable of maintaining farm machinery and possess basic knowledge on electrical and mechanical issues. Experience elevator tipper Toft 6000 wheelie for planting purposes would be an advantage, however applicant should have prior learning with regard to paddock preparation and spraying etc... Person can expect a friendly working environment along with a wage package to enjoy. Ph. 49588044
- Posted 19 Dec 2016 - OAKENDEN – Contractor wanted to harvest small cane farm. Flat farm, close cart. Ph. (07) 4958 5224 or 0428575787.
- Posted 24 Feb 2017 - Any North Queensland region - Seeking for haul out work 2017 season, HC R & UD licence, forklift licence, four years cane experience, reliable, willing to put in long hours. Kev 0417648842
- Posted 24 Feb 2017 - Looking for Haul out work in MAREEBA for the 2017 season or any tractor driving jobs. Hr license. Heaps of tractor experience. Managed a paw paw farm. Very hard worker. Very reliable. Young and fit. 0476407636 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posted 24 Feb 2017 - Looking for work in the MACKAY area. I have sound knowledge of cane farming and operating machinery. Casual work is ok. Phone David Dahms on 0428387600
- Posted 15 Feb 2017 - BURDEKIN REGION - Experienced farmhand seeking full-time work or haulout job for 2017. Keen, honest and reliable hard worker with HR license, forklift license, white card and chemical accreditation. Ph. 0417682797 / 47822064 or email John email@example.com
- Posted Feb 2017 - BURDEKIN: Seeking full time work on vegetable or cane farm. Will consider other work. Chemical certificates, can drive spray rig, tractors in general, forklift ticket, drivers license, honest and reliable, mechanically minded. Call 47828259 Brad
- Posted Feb 2017 - MACKAY: Seeking Cane Harvesting jobs for upcoming season 2017. Hard worker and quick learner. Experience driving trucks/tractors. HC license. Concreter by trade, managed a small farm with stock, mechanically minded, willing to give anything a go. Forklift Licence, Heavy Articulated Licence, Manual Drivers Licence, Current First Aid Certificate. Ph Mark 0409 951 568
- Posted 27 Sep 2016 - INGHAM REGION - Looking for haulout work in Ingham or surrounding areas. Willing to travel. 0420434977
- Posted 26 Sep 2016 - BURDEKIN AREA - Dozer truck driver seeking casual work. Have MC truck license. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posted 23 Sep 2016 - Wanting sugar cane to cut 2017 season. Ph: 0411 811 768
WHAT JOBS ARE NEEDED
Below are the types of harvest jobs available. Iff you are looking for training in the agricultural sector click here to download a pdf of courses available through the Australian College of Agriculture >
Cane Haulout Operators
There is currently a very high demand for seasonal haulout operators throughout all sugarcane growing districts.
This is a great opportunity for enthusiastic career minded workers. You will need to be passionate about your work and able to work in a team environment. The harvest season is a dynamic period of up to 24 weeks – usually between about June and December – and is dependent on crop production.
Experience in machinery operation will be an advantage but not essential. The ability to learn quickly and remain focused on operating and maintaining cane haulage vehicles is of paramount importance. Licence requirements are listed below.
Cane haulage vehicles include tractors and trailers, infield transporters and trucks. Harvesting crews generally comprise a harvester operator and two or more haulout drivers working together to harvest and deliver sugar cane from the field to a designated delivery point for transportation by the local sugar millers to the factory for processing into raw sugar.
Employees need to have a good work ethic and able to work under general supervision, competently operating vehicles hauling cane and servicing, maintaining, minor repairing, adjusting cane haulage vehicles and equipment are the typical tasks.
Record keeping of the grower’s cane harvested and delivered is an important task requiring accuracy.
Working in conjunction with fellow harvesting crew members and following enterprise guidelines, policies and safety procedures ensures proficient and effective working arrangements.
If you are the holder of a current Queensland Transport UD or HR drivers licence and are skilled and enthusiastic with a strong commitment to working for the 2012 harvest season, please use our menus above to register your interest with
- A local office in the area you are interested in
- Our online jobs noticeboard
- Or contact a recruitment agency
Licence requirements for cane haulout drivers are:
- HR (Heavy Rigid)
- UD (undefined)
- HC (Heavy Combination) or
- MC (Multi Combination)
Heavy Rigid (HR)
How to obtain a Heavy Rigid (HR) licence:
- Cost for learners licence is $19.15 - apply to local Police Station to complete the Learners test.
- Cost for full HR licence is $44.95 – but the course which must be completed is around $2500
Courses for UD licences are run regionally.
The next training is scheduled in:
Mackay | Call 07 49442614 for information