Welcome to CANEGROWERS' careers section. Become part of Australia’s dynamic sugarcane industry.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST HERE
Click here to send us an email of your job classified (including what work you are looking for and where you want to work). We will post it below and in the next Australian Canegrower magazine
Click on this link to find map of Queensland's sugarcane growing areas and contact details of our local offices to register your interest.
- Posted April 2017 - Cane Harvester Driver wanted for Bundaberg area, approx 50,000 tonnes. Start June 2017. Ph. 0413698922.
- Posted 16 Mar 2017 - Experienced farm hand wanted for Calen area. Position involves general farm work such as cultivation, planting, spraying and machinery maintenance. C and HR licence required. Permanent position for the person who meets requirements. Contact Keith 49588248
- Posted 24 Feb 2017 - Experienced cane harvester operator; 7700 full track; 2017 crushing season. Upper Pioneer Valley area; must have mechanical knowledge and hill experience. 30,000t plus. Apply in writing: PO Box 31 FINCH HATTON QLD 4756. More information: 0419260879
- Posted 24 Feb 2017 - A Northern NSW Harvesting Co-Op is seeking a Manager/Harvester driver for the 2017 season and into the future. Mechanical experience is essential. Ph Jim 0416086227 or Ben 0402421565
- Posted April 2017 - Genuine, fit, hard-working couple seek cane harvest work. Male: Mechanical experience with heavy machinery, HC truck licence, bobcat, forklift, excavator licences and white card. Female: HR licence and white card. Currently working on rice harvest. Have motorhome. Not soft or sooks, good sense of humour. Call Shell & Bunny on 0476298148 or email email@example.com
- Posted April 2017 - BUNDABERG area: Looking for work in plant breeding, plant disease identification, pest management, soil testing, landscape restoration. Completed Bachelor degree Food & Agricultural Science (Nov 2016). Mature age, seeking work in the BUNDABERG area. LR licence, Agricultural Chemicals Certified, chainsaw, forklift. Resume/references available. Ph 4155 2909 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posted March 2017 - NORTHERN RIVERS: Looking for a driving job preferably HC truck (Mud Truck). Licences Class 5 open. Experience with Elevated Tipper Trailers and Side tipper truck. 66 years of age. Clean record. Good health. Prefer not to be hard in. Michael Hansby email email@example.com
- Posted March 2017 -CAIRNS REGION: Driving position wanted in the upcoming season. I have a HC Open licence. Happy to sit MC if needed. Work wanted around the Palm Cove Cairns area. Mature hardworking and reliable. I have experience in livestock driving (NZ) Please call Kirsty on 0401481051
- Posted March 2017 - MARYBOROUGH region - Mature gent seeking driving position for upcoming harvest season. Have recently relocated and purchased home in Maryborough Qld and keen to start work. Have MC license. Familiar with haul out (Burdekin Qld). Steve King - 0427775660
- Updated March 2017 - BURDEKIN REGION - Experienced farmhand seeking full-time work or haulout job for 2017. Keen, honest and reliable hard worker with HR license, forklift license, white card and chemical accreditation. Ph. 0417682797 or 47822064, email John firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posted March 2017 - Hi I am looking for work during the harvest season as a truck driver. I have approximately 4 years experience operating heavy vehicles. I am also a qualified light vehicle mechanic. Looking for work in the MARYBOROUGH to CHILDERS area. Thank you in advance. Mitchell Hastie. 0435872186.
- Posted March 2017 - BUNDABERG area. Seeking Cane Harvesting jobs for upcoming season 2017. Hard worker and quick learner. Experience driving trucks/tractors. HC license. Concreter by trade, managed a small farm with stock, mechanically minded, willing to give anything a go. Forklift Licence, Heavy Articulated Licence, Manual Drivers Licence, White Card. Ph. Mark 0409951568
- Posted 24 Feb 2017 - Any North Queensland region - Seeking for haul out work 2017 season, HC R & UD licence, forklift licence, four years cane experience, reliable, willing to put in long hours. Kev 0417648842
- Posted 24 Feb 2017 - Looking for Haul out work in MAREEBA for the 2017 season or any tractor driving jobs. Hr license. Heaps of tractor experience. Managed a paw paw farm. Very hard worker. Very reliable. Young and fit. 0476407636 email@example.com
- Posted 24 Feb 2017 - Looking for work in the MACKAY area. I have sound knowledge of cane farming and operating machinery. Casual work is ok. Phone David Dahms on 0428387600
- Posted Feb 2017 - BURDEKIN: Seeking full time work on vegetable or cane farm. Will consider other work. Chemical certificates, can drive spray rig, tractors in general, forklift ticket, drivers license, honest and reliable, mechanically minded. Call 47828259 Brad
- Posted Feb 2017 - ANY DISTRICT: Couple looking for job in farm QLD. We are hard working and easy-going. Have a car and tax number. Have working experience in process work and cherry farm before. Contact: Lily and Victor Yang, firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 0432765473
- Updated Feb 2017 - ANY DISTRICT: Qualified driver and forklift operator looking for seasonal work. Contact: John Eyles: email@example.com or Ph. 064 0276105051
- Posted Jan 2017 - ANY DISTRICT: Jamilton Rivera Roballo from Colombia. Industrial Engineer with experience in sugar cane production. Knows all the factory sugar cane stations, in operation, administrative and maintaining. Contact: Jamilton Rivera Roballo, Industrial Engineer, Universidad del Valle, Colombia. Ph. 316 5868981
WHAT JOBS ARE NEEDED
Below are the types of harvest jobs available. Iff you are looking for training in the agricultural sector click here to download a pdf of courses available through the Australian College of Agriculture >
Cane Haulout Operators
There is currently a very high demand for seasonal haulout operators throughout all sugarcane growing districts.
This is a great opportunity for enthusiastic career minded workers. You will need to be passionate about your work and able to work in a team environment. The harvest season is a dynamic period of up to 24 weeks – usually between about June and December – and is dependent on crop production.
Experience in machinery operation will be an advantage but not essential. The ability to learn quickly and remain focused on operating and maintaining cane haulage vehicles is of paramount importance. Licence requirements are listed below.
Cane haulage vehicles include tractors and trailers, infield transporters and trucks. Harvesting crews generally comprise a harvester operator and two or more haulout drivers working together to harvest and deliver sugar cane from the field to a designated delivery point for transportation by the local sugar millers to the factory for processing into raw sugar.
Employees need to have a good work ethic and able to work under general supervision, competently operating vehicles hauling cane and servicing, maintaining, minor repairing, adjusting cane haulage vehicles and equipment are the typical tasks.
Record keeping of the grower’s cane harvested and delivered is an important task requiring accuracy.
Working in conjunction with fellow harvesting crew members and following enterprise guidelines, policies and safety procedures ensures proficient and effective working arrangements.
If you are the holder of a current Queensland Transport UD or HR drivers licence and are skilled and enthusiastic with a strong commitment to working for the 2012 harvest season, please use our menus above to register your interest with
- A local office in the area you are interested in
- Our online jobs noticeboard
- Or contact a recruitment agency
Licence requirements for cane haulout drivers are:
- HR (Heavy Rigid)
- UD (undefined)
- HC (Heavy Combination) or
- MC (Multi Combination)
Heavy Rigid (HR)
How to obtain a Heavy Rigid (HR) licence:
- Cost for learners licence is $19.15 - apply to local Police Station to complete the Learners test.
- Cost for full HR licence is $44.95 – but the course which must be completed is around $2500
Courses for UD licences are run regionally.
The next training is scheduled in:
Mackay | Call 07 49442614 for information