CANEGROWERS is currently recruiting for this position.
The Australian sugar industry annually generates around $2.5 billion for Australia from the country’s 4,000 sugarcane farms and the 10 sugar milling companies, refiners and distillers.
CANEGROWERS is the peak representative organisation for Australian sugarcane growers and one of the leading agricultural organisations in Australia. Around 73% of Australian sugarcane growers are members of the highly successful lobby, representation and membership services group.
Based in Cairns, we are looking for an authorised broker who can service, support and grow our Far North Queensland insurance book, servicing our clients from the Cairns, Innisfail, Mossman and Tableland region.
Working for a membership organisation you will be required to ensure the needs of our members are promoted and serviced and that you meet the strategic outcomes decided by the Board and within established corporate governance principles.
You will also form part of the wider CANEGROWERS Insurance Team, networking with and sometimes supporting the other authorised brokers within our Organisation. As a member of this team you will also be accountable for building strong business relationships with our Underwriting partners that assist us to grow and retain existing business and identify new business opportunities.
We seek a committed and focused individual who has:
- Tier 1 (broking) accreditation with at least 5 years’ experience in insurance; or direct sales experience in rural and/or commercial insurance products.
- Experience in the agriculture sector is desirable but not essential.
- A high level focus on customer service.
- A passion for maintaining customer relationships and generating growth out of existing clients and future customers.
- Strong communication skills to effectively liaise with a range of people and operate as part of a team.
- The ability to identify customer requirements and understand their needs and values.
- An understanding of the role membership organisations fulfils.
- A competitive salary inclusive of a fully maintained vehicle
- Bonus structure linked to performance
- Support from a great team
- Based in FNQ, this role offers a great lifestyle
Applications marked Private & Confidential should be forwarded to The Human Resources Manager via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or postal address: CANEGROWERS, GPO Box 1032, Brisbane QLD 4001
For further information and a copy of the Position Description for this role, please contact: Jodie Mittelheuser, Chief Financial Officer on (07) 3864 6444 or email email@example.com.
Applications close Friday 28 July 2017