For more than 90 years CANEGROWERS has proudly represented the interests of the sugarcane farmers of Queensland.
Through times of challenge and opportunity, CANEGROWERS elected representatives and staff in every sugarcane area of Queensland work with you and for you to grow your business and our industry.
As a member of CANEGROWERS, you have access to the following products, services and benefits:
CANEGROWERS Crop Insurance – you automatically have access to crop insurance cover. The policy can provide cover for loss of crop due to accidental fire, transit, and hail.
Cane Supply Agreements – as your bargaining agent, CANEGROWERS will seek the best conditions and terms from your sugar milling company. Your local district team is backed up by the wider CANEGROWERS expertise and experienced legal counsel.
Local support – Your local CANEGROWERS District company provides you support tailored to local needs and priorities. The company is run by a board of local growers and services provided specifically designed around local priorities on farm business management, mill supply, productivity and local community engagement.
Legal Advice – you have access to free initial legal advice through the CANEGROWERS in house Legal Advisor. This service can assist with issues such as native title claims, land resumptions, easements, dividing fences, trespass, aerial spraying, machinery performance and safety.
Marketing Information Service – this independent service provides members with information, education and expert insight on sugar price and production forecasting. You also have access to a tailored sugarcane farm Cost of Production Tool to help assist with marketing and forward pricing decisions.
Australian CANEGROWER magazine – stay up to date with all the latest industry news and information. A printed magazine is delivered monthly and is also available to read online. It includes the latest CANEGROWERS activities and advocacy, responses to industry issues, grower stories, news and a free classified advertisement service for CANEGROWERS members.
Member benefits – a range of great deals on farm supplies, health and travel insurance, as well as access to competitive insurance through our team of qualified insurance professionals with brokers based in local area.
Six ways your membership with CANEGROWERS will help you and your business:
- Strong advocacy and representation from strong membership across Queensland gives you a legitimate voice and negotiating strength on important issues. Our views are heard by the community, government, politicians and industry through our influential networks and extensive media presence
- Access to influential organisations and decision makers through membership and working directly with Queensland Farmers’ Federation (QFF), National Farmers’ Federation (NFF) and the World Association of Beet and Cane Growers (WABCG). CANEGROWERS involvement gives you the benefits of lobbying power beyond our industry to collaboration with all of agriculture.
- Representation from the farm up – from farm, to local, state, national and international forums, CANEGROWERS has your interests at its heart. You have access to 81 locally-elected grower representatives to ensure that your views are heard and shared. Our dedicated staff provide you with services and advice through 14 offices in Queensland. Your local CANEGROWERS office, grower Board and staff are available for you to talk through the issues most important to you and your business.
- Member services tailored to your business. CANEGROWERS offers a range of competitive industry products, services, training and other initiatives through its partnerships with Queensland businesses and the community.
- Access to industry programs and incentives funding. CANEGROWERS is the “go to” voice on cane growing issues. When Government needs to hear from a reliable source, or provide critical needs to respond to natural disasters, it is through CANEGROWERS that these functions are delivered.
- Regular communications and grower events to support your business and influence community relationships. As well as the Australian CANEGROWER magazine, you will receive regular information from your local office, or via www.canegrowers.com.au, social media and directly to your email. CANEGROWERS also holds regular grower meetings and supports multiple industry events.
Do you grow sugarcane in Queensland? Want to have real input into the future of our industry? Download the Membership Brochure and contact your local office to talk about joining CANEGROWERS.