Cane growers manage their farm businesses in one of the world’s most volatile commodity price environments.
Growers are also exposed to production risks arising from weather events such as drought and cyclones and from an ever-increasing regulatory burden and tightening environmental controls.
What is CANEGROWERS Business Essentials?
CANEGROWERS, with funding from the government Farm Business Resilience Program, is developing a suite of professional development opportunities for growers. The objective will be to provide tools that growers can use to deliver greater profitability and therefore business resilience.
To register your interest in workshops in 2022, fill in this form.
The program will be delivered face to face over two days, with some online presentations at regional locations.
CANEGROWERS Business Essentials will be tailor-made to assist growers to:
- complete a resilience self-assessment based on Smartcane BMP
- better understand and interpret financial reports, budgets and costs of production
- better understand risk and more specifically factors that influence commodity (sugar) prices
- devise strategies to manage risk including price fluctuations
- understand forward pricing and other emerging technologies and marketing tools
- develop a plan to manage the risks as far as possible.
Want to attend a local workshop or learn more?
Fill in this form to register your interest. Places are limited!
Location: Final locations for the two-day course will depend on registration numbers
Cost: The cost will be $100 (ex GST) per participant
Eligibility: You're eligible if you are a cane grower, cane grower family member or work on a cane farm and are a permanent resident of Queensland
This program is jointly funded through the Australian Government’s Future Drought Fund and the Queensland Government’s Drought and Climate Adaptation Program.