CANEGROWERS is currently recruiting for:
Administration Officer, CANEGROWERS Tableland
This is a part time position on a six month contract.
CANEGROWERS Tableland seeks an Administration Officer to be responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the not-for-profit company which provides membership services to sugarcane growers in the Atherton Tableland region.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Experience with MYOB or similar accounting packages, including ability to process payroll and meet superannuation lodgement requirements
- Experience or understanding of the ATO compliance needs of a not for profit business
- Demonstrated ability to engage Members
- Proven ability to develop and deliver reports and submissions
- Ability to develop and work within CANEGROWERS’ policies and procedures
Read the position description document for more details about the position and the knowledge and experience being sought.
Applications close Friday 13 December 2019.
Please email your application including a considered response to our selection criteria and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manager - Richmond River Cane Growers Association Ltd (RRCGA)
Based in Wardell, NSW
Reporting to the Board of Directors
Includes overseeing membership services, strategy and advocating on behalf of growers
RRCGA is a not for profit, public company limited by guarantee and is a representative body for sugarcane growers in the Northern Rivers. The company represents over 200 sugarcane farming enterprises on the Richmond River. We are a membership organisation funded by growers with a mission to represent the growers in maximising profitability, sustainability and security now and for the future of the industry.
RRCGA is seeking to appoint a passionate professional who is prepared to drive our organisation into the future.
The core role of the position is varied and includes:
Collaboration with the Board in the development of the organisational strategy and priorities for operational planning and action
Promote and grow the membership base through innovative business development strategies
Manage the day to day operations of the office including staff resources
Deliver sound financial management, direct business performance using budgets, targets and regular reporting to the board
Coordinate media and other communications to members, stakeholders and the community
Will take on the official Company Secretary duties
We are looking for someone with:
Experience as a senior manager reporting to a board
Strong understanding of the application of corporate governance principles
A clear communicator with capacity to develop a media presence, strong presentation skills to act as the public face of the company
Demonstrated skills in policy development, government relations, business management
Experience working in an agricultural environment would be highly regarded, as would relevant degree qualifications
In return, we offer a remuneration package aligned with your experience and skills along with flexible working arrangements. To be considered, please email the Chairman Geoff Pye (email@example.com) including a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role along with your resume. Applications preferred by 8 January 2020. The successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening.
Insurance Broker – Account Manager
Herbert River (Ingham) /Tully Region
We are looking for an authorised broker to manage a diverse portfolio located between two District offices of Herbert River (Ingham) and Tully. Working for a membership organisation you will be required to ensure the needs of our members are promoted and serviced and that you meet the strategic outcomes decided by the Board and within established corporate governance principles. Ideally the candidate would be located locally or within the Townsville region. Consideration would also be given to a candidate located elsewhere and who is prepared to travel regularly.
You will also form part of the wider CANEGROWERS Insurance Team, networking with and sometimes supporting the other authorised brokers within our organisation. As a member of this team you will also be accountable for building strong business relationships with our underwriting partners that assist us to retain existing business and identify new business opportunities.
To be successful in this role you will need to be:
- Tier 1 (broking) accreditation with at least 5 years’ experience in insurance; or direct sales experience in rural and/or commercial insurance products.
- Enjoy being ‘hands on’ and actively involved with our membership and wider insurance clients along with all aspects of client account management.
- Be able to build strong client relationships and generating growth out of existing clients and future customers
- Experience in the agriculture sector is desirable but not essential.
- An understanding of the role membership organisations fulfils.
- Negotiable salary commensurate with experience plus of a fully maintained vehicle
- Bonus structure linked to performance
- Support from a great team of Insurance professionals and administration support
- Based in NQ, this role offers a great lifestyle
Applications close 5.00pm Wednesday 6 November 2019
Please email your application including a considered response to our selection criteria and resume
to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
For further information contact the HR Manager Jodie Mittelheuser 07 3864 6444.